Compliance Burden on Market Participants Reduced
On account of difficulties posed by COVID-19, SEBI has decided to reduce compliance burden on Market Participants by granting the following relaxations, inter alia:
- Implementation of SEBI circular dated September 20, 2019 for risk management framework for liquid schemes of mutual funds has been extended to June 30, 2020.
- The implementation of SEBI circular dated October 01, 2019 for existing open ended debt oriented mutual fund schemes to comply with the revised limits for sector exposure has been extended to June 30, 2020.
- The implementation of SEBI circular dated September 24, 2019 for Valuation of money market and debt securities based on mark to market valuation has been extended to June 30, 2020.
- The half yearly disclosures of unaudited financial results mandated under Regulation 59 of SEBI (Mutual Funds) Regulations, 1996 has been extended by one (1) month, i.e., up to May 31, 2020.
- The yearly disclosure of investor complaints by Mutual Funds as mandated in SEBI circular dated May 13, 2010 has been extended by one (1) month, i.e., up to June 30, 2020.